10/17/07

Save your money, send your child to a PUBLIC school in Peoria, AZ

We had our first parent/teacher conference today with Tay’s teacher, Mrs. Hatfield. I was totally impressed with Mrs. Hatfield and Coyote Hills Elementary. I have to admit I was not completely sold on sending her to a public school, I know first hand how terrible they are - just look at the way I turned out!

I now fear not; I was amazed at the amount of things they are teaching the kids at such an early level. By the end of kindergarten she will have learned to write short sentences, by the end of first grade Taylor will be writing two paragraphs with related content. By the end of second grade she will be proficient in writing in cursive. What really blew me away is at 3rd grade every student has their own laptop at their desk for use in the class! I did not touch a computer in school until I was in 6th grade. I am completely impressed with the school so far. I’m also happy to be saving $400 per month.

I’m sure Deanna will post more of the less dreary info from the meeting…

3 comments:

Kimberly DaWn said...

hey deanna its kimberly the gurl Gina was talking about and to yesterday

Anonymous said...

hello Kimberly, nice to uhh!! sort of meet ya! Glad you stopped by our blog.

Anonymous said...

I think it might be a little far to send our children to a school in AZ....I don't think the bus would stop in Georgia.

Jen