2/12/08

Livin' and tellin' at age 5!

Yesterday after school Taylor's friend Tara, who goes to the same school as Tay and lives right next door, came over to play for awhile. Then Taylor went over to her house for about an hour. Trevin and I were in the back yard, and they were also playing in the yard. I (being the nosy mom that I am) was listening to the two girls talk, and I heard Tara ask "Do you wanna play make-up"? then they went running in the house. I wasn't sure what I should do... should I hollar for her to come home? or should I just let her be, and see how she reacts? So... I just left it alone.
Later when Taylor came home I said: "I heard Tara ask you if you wanted to play make-up"....
She said " I told her I didn't want to play cuz we don't wear make-up"!

I was so PROUD!!! of her. And of course, you know me, I started getting all teary-eyed and gave her a hug and told her how proud I was of her, and how happy Jesus was and how much he loved her.

Our little girl, the only pentecostal girl in a school of over a thousand students is not ashamed to only live a christian life but to also share it. I pray as she is growing and maturing physically and mentally, she will never outgrow her desire to live for Jesus, and to share with those around her. =)

-It's moments like these that brighten a Mommy's Day! I love you Tay!!

1 comment:

Shane Eccles said...

It must be the GREAT CHRISTIAN EXAMPLE I set as head of this wonderful family! J/K. I’m proud of our kids as well. I especially get a little prick in my heart when we are all talking about our day at the dinner table and Trevin screams, “WE FORGOT TO PRAY!” and then I give him the honors and he does such a great job. Those kids keep us on the straight and narrow!